OIT has the primary responsibility for building, maintaining, enhancing, and securing the server and storage-based IT infrastructure for TAMHSC. In addition to the numerous specialized systems in use by various campus groups, this includes mission-critical systems such as data backup and recovery; e-mail, student information systems, central directory and authentication systems; and file sharing services.
Systems and Security supports Texas A&M Health Science Center (HSC) by:
- Providing wired and wireless network connections to HSC users throughout the state
- Securing the HSC's information resources
- Preparing information technology rules and procedures for use institution-wide
- Ensuring compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, System policies and HSC rules and procedures
- Providing information, tools and services regarding risk management
- Developing and testing disaster recovery and business continuity plans
Visit our Help Desk Knowledge Base for more information about TAMHSC systems, security and incident reporting.