The Office of Information Technology strives to partner with administration and faculty representatives to find solutions for our institution based on needs and available technology resources. In addition, we choose to cultivate administrative and interdepartmental relationships, with our staff serving on committees and groups that impact the workings of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center.
Getting back to the basics of service has been a high priority, and substantial attention has been devoted to determining the technology tools and services that are most beneficial for the Health Science Center by soliciting input from faculty, staff and students.
IT Planning, Transparency and Partnerships
- Overall direction provided through our department's mission, vision and leadership
- OIT Strategic Plan, which provides a road map for the utilization of current and future resources
- Input from various committees and groups, including TAMHSC Executive Committee and administration, the Texas A&M Division of IT Governance Committees (ITG), Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC2) and Educational Learning Advisory Group (ELAG)
- Partnerships within the Texas A&M University Health Science Center that include the Communications Task Force, Communications Council and Web Working Group
- Partnerships within The Texas A&M University System such as participation in the System CIO Council, System Telecommunications Council and System Go Mobile task force
- Membership and involvement in external organizations including LEARN, TASSCC, Educause, BVCNet and AIHC, to name a few
- An open dialogue maintained with the Faculty Senate and HSC students through periodic meetings and discussion groups
- Project management for allocation of resources
- Organized OIT service groups that take direction from leadership and focus on customer service
- Competent staff cross-trained to accomplish departmental and institutional objectives
- Annual surveys to assess the needs of and solicit input from faculty, staff and students
- User feedback opportunities providing input through the website Feedback Form and the OIT ticketing system
- Feedback, including metrics and monitoring to streamline services and move in a positive direction
- OIT news and information site which serves to notify users of important updates, maintenance, known issues and system alerts
We are committed as an organization to acting in the best interest of faculty, staff and students while at the same time being stewards of resources entrusted to us. Our primary focus continues to be the educational and research needs of our institution including support for educational initiatives, distance learning, collaboration tools and secure systems essential for a Health-Related Institution. OIT will continue to deliver service and implement procedures that will fully align the organization with the goals of our institution.