In 2004, the Office of Information Technology was created to develop and expand information technologies to support the education, administrative, research, clinical and outreach missions of TAMHSC.
The mission of OIT is to be a trusted partner in teaching, learning and discovery, providing valuable information technology resources to faculty, staff and students. By acting in technical, service and advisory roles, OIT will be instrumental in:
- Supporting the health professions education curriculum
- Optimizing delivery of support services
- Developing and expanding services and infrastructure
- Maintaining information security and compliance
- Providing connectivity for future sites and campuses
- Adhering to principles that promote stewardship of resources and overall efficiency
With a focus on professionalism, integrity and reliability, OIT leverages information technology innovations to work in the best interest of the entire TAMHSC community.
Technology is being integrated into every aspect of our changing world, and our institution is no exception. With components all across the state, TAMHSC has a unique set of requirements and challenges with regard to information technology. Fully integrating technology into all components by providing information, tools and services in a timely, professional and courteous manner is essential. The vision for OIT moving forward is to provide robust, reliable and secure technology resources while also facilitating a culture of openness, cooperation and service excellence.